I feel my heart beating so fast in true anticipation of Marc Jacobs runway offering. I know we are about to witness and be treated to creativity, dramatics and pure luxury- which I can honestly say, Marc Jacobs never disappoints.
Okay, show time the lights dim and this fabulous string quintet start playing and the first look hit the runway and it is on and popping:
See what I am speaking of, this gorgeous leopard print coat, fabulous striped wide legged paints and the tied bow blouse is stunning and send such a strong positive vibe. One look right after the other is stunning and you see the direction and feel of his collection. It has such a Victorian/modern clean edge, which would compliment so many different body-types. Which I feel is Marc’s strong hold that he knows how to compliment a woman’s silhouette:
This season has been amazing and we are looking for September with a big bag.. Let us know what you think of this collection and what is your favorite look. Make sure you’re following us on Instagram at: http://www.instagram.com/lapazimageing
Article By: Marisol DeGaines – Lifestyle/Fashion Journalist for LaPaz Image Consultants International
Were excited to see the Michael Kors collection, because looking at the room you see the beautiful chandelier, disco ball and just golden fabulosity:
Woohoo!! show time and we aren’t disappointed what so ever. I find it incredible how our editor-in-chief, Sonya LaRae, is so on the cutting edge just before the trends hit the runway. Ergo, we cut to the Michael Kors runway, that took modern pop culture and plopped us smack in the middle of the 70’s and I’m all in.
I am truly in belief that Kors took us all back to the hay days of Studio 54 and I don’t think there is one complaint in the room, especially from the one and only Anna Wintour that keeps her retro fresh at all times. The collection is retro, but gives you that fresh feeling that will compliment any Business woman’s wardrobe or that fashion forward mom that seems to trend with ease:
I can also tell you a few others that where in their element had to be the stunning Katherine Zeta-Jones and her husband Mr. Michael Douglas:
To close out this fun and very large collection, a black curtain pulls back and Bam!! it reveals a wall of gold tinsel and none other than the disco icon himself Mr. Barry Manilow, performing his hit song “Copacabana.” I think the whole audience and models were singing and swagging and just feeling good.. YESSSS!! This was a night to remember and Michael Kors never missed a beat!
This had to be one of this best shows thus far and I’m glad I could bring this to you fabulous Lapazions. Please give us your feedback and don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for sneak peaks prior to articles being published at: http://www.instagram.com/lapazimageing
Article By: Liza Gomez- Style/Fashion Journalist for LaPaz Image Consultants International
Happy fashion week lovely’s, we know you are like most of us where, this is the most wonderful time of the year!! Each year it seems to snow on us and we are absolutely frozen to the bone by the time we make it into our shows.. Like our Editor-in-Chief always says, “fashion is cold, sometimes uncomfortable, but always well worth fabulousness.”
We knew we were going to be treated to fabulous looks down the runway because, as we were coming to the shows it felt like we were being treated to pre-shows via the fabulous attendees headed to there shows:
As we did our interviews and spoke backstage we knew we where about to be treated to a day and a life of the elegant NY fashionista, per Dennis Basso. Basso stated, “This collection is designed for the “New York City girl.” She’s recognizable everywhere she goes and she’s someone every woman wants to be, whether she’s from London or Tokyo.
The first look hit the runway and we absolutely couldn’t agree with Basso more. This collection is so elegant and just breathes life into every lady that is attendance and by far we are loving each and every detail that he didn’t spare:
Have you all caught your breath yet? No!! Well neither did we it was one breathtaking look after another and each look got better, Basso gave our eyes such a treat with 50 different looks that complimented the furs and the mix of patterns.. Bravo is all we could shot!!
We cannot wait to hear your feedback and let us know which look you loved more, or if you are anything like us, we couldn’t pick just one.
Woohoo!! New year, new visions, new trends and most importantly new essentials to add to our already blossoming wardrobe for 2019!! I am happy to see a few trends go and I can say I’m not that happy to see a few trends coming back in style. Look let’s not waste any more time and jump right in with both feet and see what we need to add to our wardrobe:
Good-bye skinny jeans: Yes this trend is finally coming to a happy end♥ and those body-types that shouldn’t rock a pair of skinny jeans just may thank the fashion trend setters for putting this one to bed. Say HELLO! to Loose fit jeans with a little detailed embellishment to them:
Good-bye Skinny Jean
Hello Loose Fit Jeans
Notice the loose jeans aren’t too loose and still give a nice silhouette – the little embellishments are a nice touch and not too over the top. I think this new trend is going to look great with several wardrobes.
2. Corduroy Blazer: Pause, before you all start to throw your shoes at the screen or me, I have to tell you the new corduroy isn’t the corduroy that you mom or dad rocked back in the day. The cuts are more fresh and very feminine and guys the corduroy blazers for you are extremely flattering and chic:
No more wide shoulders and unflattering shapes, the corduroy blazer is fem and sexy and even some of the top celebs have donned the corduroy look recently i.e. Blake Lively and Alexa Chung:
3. Cargo Pants: I’m sorry what is there not to love about this trend? I think cargo pants are so diversified and can be worn casual or dressed up for a night out with friends. Cargo pants have come along way from those that my painter use to wear:
Look at how you can put a great pair of heels on with your cargo pants and change-up the silhouette. Cargo pants now come in different fabrics that change the feel and look as well as how they are made. I cannot wait to see how you fashion forward fashionista’s will rock this style. (side note be careful not to purchase a pair that has no structure to the cargo pocket).
4. Headbands: This trend is really fresh and can take a bad hair day into a really cute hair day. I like that they have matured the headband, bling’d it out and gave them flowers like a mini fascinator, that any proper English lady would love to wear:
5. Layered Necklace: Ladies I’m not speaking of your moms pearls, I’m talking about fashion forward necklaces that look too stunning when layered. I have been rocking this trend for about a year and half because, I think it just looks sexy and adds such a simple touch that calls attention to your gorgeous neckline… It’s a win-win situation, one that you just cannot go wrong with… Wait, yes you can if you go all crazy and start looking like a rapper for the late 90’s:
6. Denim Shirt: I’m speaking of a good denim shirt one that can be tied in the front, tucked in, worn like a jacket over a really cute maxi dress, or a pleated skirt. OMG!! you will lose your mind- my favorite denim shirts are from Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger you can do no wrong with either, but there are several other choices:
7. High Heel Loafers: This trend needs to stay forever, ever-ever.. lol!! I cannot begin to say how much I love a good high heel loafer and one of my favorite is from Tabitha Simmons her Mika High Heel Loafer is too gorgeous and comfy for words. They are worth every penny and I cannot say enough about them.. Price point is $745.00:
This is one sexy shoe if I may say so myself- plus it can be styled casual or dressed up and looks fabulous with a great pair of jeans.
8. Chunky Cardigan: Who doesn’t love a fabulous chunky luxurious cardigan? I mean now you can find these fabulous cardigan’s with beautiful details on the sleeves and in such gorgeous colors. I love this trend and I hope it stays around for a while:
9. Biking Shorts: I feel like as soon as I typed this word- I had no more to say regarding this trend. Really didn’t we have enough of this back in the day? You can thank Kim K. and her other half for this ridiculous come back. I’m not posting a picture of this trend because, I don’t see the need.
10. Black Tights: I love black tights and especially in the winter- a good pair of black tights can take you a long way and can add just the right touch to your wardrobe:
These are our top essential we feel that you’ll love many of them and add your own style to the pieces. One thing with these essentials, they are very easy to incorporate into your wardrobe and it will also, give you a new and fresh look to some of your signature pieces.
Tell us what you think of the new wardrobe essentials, we cannot wait to hear your feedback.
Wow, I cannot believe how quickly summer left and now we are headed into the fall. Can you smell the pumpkin spice? The leaves are falling and changing colors, we’re breaking out our cute sweaters, throws, booties, and most importantly we are introducing our fabulous rich color palettes for this fall season.We’ve put together six (6) of our favorite looks for this season, as well as, how you can still work in your summer hues that celebrate and balance your stunning look. With that being stated lets jump right into our selections:
The Bold and The Beautiful:
Don’t panic ladies that bold sexy red lip is still slaying the fall season. We love this beautiful trend and most of you ladies can rock this look as long as you pick the right base. We love this Matte Ruby Red lipstick from MAC cosmetics- it’s a blue base. Have a little fun ladies and allow your pout to say more than your words.
Pretty in Pink:
We love this gorgeous feminine look, and who can resist a little soft pink eye palette? Not ME!! The MAC X-9 Dusky Rose is perfect for a soft pink lid or maybe you’ll change-up that smokey eye (side note is still hot for fall 18) and give yourself the sexy pink panther smokey eye.. Try it you just might fall in love with it
Winged Eyeliner and Jeweled Appliques:
Ladies, I have to be honest I’m so feeling this jeweled applique- It’s so exotic and just accentuates the eye effortlessly. When I first saw this on the runway, I came back to my hotel and started purchasing the different appliques (which by the way several ESTY’s have them for such a steal). You know they say the eyes are the window to the soul and when you place these appliques just so they make your eyes pop, and your windows seem to hold such incredible allure and secrets. Don’t be scared to experiment with the different ways you can apply them and make sure you own the look.
Bruno Mars isn’t the only one that feels 24k magic in the air, because a shimmer is hitting your lids and even your highlighter. You know this is one fall trend that took a little getting use to and seeing if we liked it, loved it or was going to pass on it. Here it is ladies, you have to use your golden palettes wisely, because if you do too much you will look like a clown. My suggestion is use the golden touches as highlighters on your eyes and cheeks until you get the full hang of this beautiful warm tone.
The Brighter the Better:
BH Cosmetics Take Me To Brazil
Take Me To Brazil Pallet
This is where you can introduce the summer palettes- ladies BH Cosmetics introduced us to such an amazing eyeshadow palette, which is called “Take Me Back to Brazil,” which will give you gorgeous hues from summer, but still holding true to the season. We produced this look on Sonya LaRae- from this collection, and I have to tell you all day everywhere she went, she received compliment after compliment and so many wanted to know what brand she used to accomplish this very fashion forward look. Experiment with the colors, adding them into your darker palettes and giving you just the right pop that will take you deep into the fall season.
Gloss Is Your Friend:I have to tell you ladies I haven’t met a gloss I didn’t like.. LOL!! I think glosses give such a different look and makes your lips look so moist and sexy. You’ll notice when you wear a gloss many seem to almost become memorized by your pout.. It can give that lipstick the needed boost that it lacked and take your look to the next level.
Now that you all have my top six (6) picks, which is only a tip of the beauty iceberg. Love for you to tell us your fall trends in makeup that you will be rocking for the season leave a comment and lets chat it up.
(this is not a sponsored post these are all products that we like at LaPaz Image Consultants)