We hear this term (open-minded) many of times, but how can we as individuals develop and maintain such a great open-mind-set? What would be the benefits of have an “open-mind?” I’m going to give you seven (7) ways in which you can develop this quality and the benefits you will experience.1. Letting go of Control: When you open your mind, you free yourself from having to be in complete control of your thoughts, and challenge the beliefs you currently have.
2. Experiencing Changes: When you open your mind to new ideas it allows you the opportunity to change what you think and how you view the world. Thinking with an open mind gives you the option of creating positive change and strong results.
3. Making Yourself Vulnerable: This may be one of the scariest things, about seeing the world through an open-mind, will and can make you vulnerable; because you will be admitting “you don’t know it all.” This vulnerability can be both exhilarating and terrifying.
4. Making Mistakes: I know you’re thinking how is this a benefit? When you allow yourself to see things from others’ perspectives you gain the opportunity to “fail up.”
5. Strengthening Yourself: Open-mindedness provides a platform to build upon, piling one idea on top of another. Everything you experience collectively “adds up.” Strengthening the person you are and what you believe in, would be extremely difficult to experience without an open-mind.
6. Gaining confidence: When you live with an open-mind, you have a strong sense of self. You are not defined by your own belief, nor the beliefs of others.
7. Being Honest: Being open-minded means being honest enough to admit that you aren’t all-knowing. This understanding creates an underlying sense of authenticity that permeates the charter of any person who lives with an open-mind.
By following these seven (7) tips will give you a more balanced view and allow yourself to grow, accept and change personality traits that will or could hold you back in your life and thinking.
Looking forward to your feedback and how you feel these tips can help you develop an open-mind.
Article by: Sonya LaRae- Certified Lifestyle Coach, Certified Image Consultant, Educator, and Motivational Speaker