As a die-hard fashionista our inner retail diva may scream, WE NEED A UNLIMITED WARDROBE BUDGET!! Realistically, most individuals bank accounts couldn’t handle such a heavy demand. This means you need a workable wardrobe budget. How much should you spend per month? Here is the little thing I tell my clients. You should spend 5% of your monthly income on clothing. How do you find your dollar amount you should spend per month? Multiply your take home pay by .05 i.e. if your monthly take home pay is $3,000 you should spend about $150.00 per month on clothing.
With us being realistic how can we achieve our wardrobe goals? Have no fear I’ve come up with a few tips:
- Shop Clearance racks: You will be stunned at all the great finds on the clearance racks.
- Sales: Sales are your best friend – They (retailers) must move merchandise, so as to be able to bring in new merch, so in turn they slash some of the hottest must haves of the season.
- Outlets: I love Nordstrom and Saks outlets.. Why?? You can get YSL, Dolce and Gabbana, Gucci all at half the cost.. Tell me who wouldn’t love this tip?
- Re-evaluate your wardrobe: Many times you have incredible things in your closet that are hidden, which in turn could breathe new life into your style and give new definition to your wardrobe.
- Make a list: List key elements that are lacking or missing from your wardrobe; this way when you’re out shopping you aren’t purchasing duplicates or not buying the right needed elements.
Once you do all these things, you will be set to start your shopping and not break your bank.
The other tip I want you to do is track your spending habit and make sure you are staying within that bracket. With a few little tweaks you’ll be one stylish fashionista.
Article by: Sonya LaRae- Certified Image Consultant, Certified Lifestyle Coach, Educator and Motivational Speaker